And there are a lot of things you can do:
- organize and do photo walks to connect with others
- online and real life exhibitions
- doing interviews with other photographers you like
- opening a website for a special topic or to spread information
- create videos or podcasts for others
There are so many things you can do to add more quality and content to the whole thing. You will make new friends (maybe in real life) and get new inspirations that will expand your and other peoples horizon. You are getting more connected and networking has a real foundation you can build things on. And this leads to new opportunities. Maybe you have some great contacts in New York you can meet up next time you travel to this wonderful city. Just think about what you can do in your spare time.