Yesterday I sold my Ricoh GR III and traded it for a X100F

Disclaimer: This is my personal opinion and the camera might work for you. This is not a Fuji is better than everything post :-)

I've tried to love the Ricoh and have a little list with pros and cons:

The good

  • Size - If you need an APS-C sensor pocket camera, this is the one! The lens is superb and walks back into the body making it a super duper small camera!
  • Image quality - the files have a great range and a neutral color reproduction. Nothing to complain.
  • Craftmanship - the camera body is sturdy. Even the moving lens works flawless.
The bad

  • Menu - the menu system is not as easy as I know it from my Fuji gear. There are some nice ideas like the custom settings that can be tied to the mode-wheel, but overall I was not satisfied.
  • Shutter button - a soft mess for me. It failed for me when it comes to a half press lock many times. It doesn't feel right for me.
  • Display - in bright sunlight you are lost. I've also missed the possibility to review a photo through the EVF in bright conditions. And because of the giant display I had to turn of the touch functions because I accidentialy touched it too much times.
Don't get me wrong. The Ricoh GR system is great if it fits your needs. I know the difference for me know after switching back to the X100F. It just feels right.

What are your experiences with this system?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why should you buy the new X-PRO2?

Final thoughts on the X100F and the XPRO2 after using them for a longer time

My first experiences with the X-Pro2 (part 2)